Triangle Homeschoolers is a secular homeschooling support group that offers community support for parents, and educational field trips and social opportunities for students. We host a monthly park day that is open to the public, but most weekly field trips with special group pricing and car-pooling options are only available to active members of this group (TH Meet Up). Details of events such as the locations, special group pricing (if/where applicable for admission) and car-pooling information will only be posted to the Facebook discussion group and not the website or Facebook fan page. If you’re not a member and would like to participate in an event, please contact us.
Currently (2017-2018 school year), we are a little off-schedule due to Hurricane Harvey. Several of our families were profoundly affected during the flood, so this school year has been a little slow to start. However, as of January 2018, we’re working on getting back to ‘normal’, which includes hosting and/or participating in:
- an educationally-aligned field trip each week
- a monthly park day
- a monthly tween/teen social
- community service projects year-round (usually each quarter)
- homeschool book club each month (2 age brackets; through Beaumont Public Library)
- We meet on WEDNESDAY each week most of the time. Occasionally, there may be a different day of the week to accommodate a special event. For full details each week, you’ll need to be a member of the TH Meet Up Facebook group (which is different from our Facebook Fan page). In order to join the meet-up group, you must be a member of TH Secular Homeschool Chat Group, and come to a Park Day to meet with group admins before you will be added to the meet up group. We also have a private student chat group for our kids.
- We also host PARK DAY each month on the third Monday, 1PM in Beaumont. Please contact us on Facebook if you’d like to join us.